Welcome to soma system®
soma system® is a holistic self-bodywork practice premised on myofascial release, trigger point therapy, and mindfulness meditation. It empowers practitioners to find openness in their bodies, minds, and breath through the use of innovative tools and techniques.
Why use soma system®?
- Increases: Circulation, energy, flexibility, range of motion, body awareness.
- Decreases: Stress, muscle spasms, inflammation, tissue adhesions, pain.
- Improves: Posture, sleep, movement, breathing, mobility, balance, athletic performance.
Who practices soma system®?
- People who want to take an active role in improving their health.
- Health Professionals for self and patient care.
- Athletes looking to improve performance and decrease injury.
- Yogis aiming to deepen their practice and body awareness.
Watch Our Quick Intro Now!
How does soma system® work?
Your soft-tissue and myofascial systems intimately connect your muscles, tendons, bones, nerves, blood vessels and organs. They keep a detailed record of your past (diet, injury, illness), affect you in the present (movement, posture, sleep), and influence your future (aging, mobility, injury). soma system® allows you to improve your health by targeting these systems.
- Identify your areas of restriction (by drawing your attention into your body)
- Release your restrictions with soma system® tools and techniques
- Circulate oxygen and nutrients throughout your body to promote healing
- Flush out inflammation and accumulated acidic metabolic waste
- Restore your health, mobility, posture, and sleep
Learn more about myofascial restriction, cyclical hypertoncity, and, thankfully, strategies for restoring balance.
Practice is more fun in person, so why not join us for a workshop? We promise you’ll have a ball.
From Big Orange to Myofascial Five Pack, you can find the complete line of soma system® products here.
Browse through for musings, posts, articles, and announcements from the Boston-based soma system® team.